7.14.2012

While You Were Away!


Alex was gone again this past week on another mission trip, this time to Savannah, Georgia. Although I miss him tons when he is gone, I was a busy lady this week. At the beginning of the week I was able to meet up with a couple different girlfriends, and do a little shopping for the house.

Then, on Wednesday my mom and youngest brother came to Omaha to help me get a few things done around the house. It was so great to have them here for a few days and we accomplished a lot!

We painted the nursery!!! Below are some pictures of the room. It isn’t complete yet, but once the furniture and baby bedding are all in there, I know it will be perfect for Baby Ehly!



 We were also able to do a little garden clean up while they were here. We moved into our house a little too late for planting season, so our garden was a forest of weeds. Alex sprayed and killed all the weeds last week before he left, so with a lot of help from my mom and brother, we were able to pull up and get rid of all those nasty weeds. Below are the before and after pictures of what the garden looked like.


BEFORE - The garden was full of weeds just like this!
AFTER - Weed free!
I am so grateful for my mom and all she did to help me out this week. She is an amazing blessing and I honestly could not have done any of it without her! Although I had a busy, productive and fun week, I am definitely ready and awaiting the return of my hubby! Hopefully he will be pleasantly surprised with all the new changes made to the house while he was away!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment