1.01.2014

Our 2013!


Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I know….it’s been way too long since I last blogged. It seems like I always have great ideas to blog about, but then things come up that I need to get done and I push it to the side. I am going to try to step up my blogging game in 2014. And speaking of the New Year, I have decided to do a top 10 list of the most memorable happenings in our life in 2013. These are not in any particular order, so here we go:


1. WEDDINGS
            This was the year of weddings for us. My brother got married in January, and then it was weddings, weddings, weddings all year! We helped my brother, two of my cousins, and lots of friends celebrate their marriages. We traveled to St. Louis, Kansas City, Colorado, and all over Omaha to partake in these happy occasions. We were also fortunate enough to be asked to participate in some of these weddings – our titles included: photographer, bridesmaid, officiant, ring bearer and host couple.


























2. FIRSTS
            In January of 2013 Briton was only 2 months old. So 2013 was his year of firsts.  Some of these firsts included: smiling, laughing, his first tooth, crawling, dancing, walking, talking (a little), his first hair cut, and many more. It’s crazy to think that in one short year – such a little person can learn and do so much! I am thankful to God for blessing us with a healthy, happy, active little boy – and I am praying for many more years of firsts for him!






 3. DEATHS
            Although we had a lot of happy times in 2013, it was also a very tough year for Alex and his family. Alex lost two of his Grandpa’s within months of each other. They were both wonderful men and I am so grateful that Briton was able to get to meet and spend time with both of them.

Grandpa Bob
Grandpa Teef
 4. NEW JOB
            I got a new job this year. I am still teaching Special Education, but I now work in the Millard Public School district. I loved my old job and the students – it was a great 5 years, but it was time for a change and I am now so much closer to my family. This first half of this school year at the new job has been wonderful and it’s safe to say it was a good move for me.

5. OUR HOME
            We have been in our home of over a year and a half now, and 2013 was not a good year for our home. We got a couple bouts of bad weather this spring and the house took on some damage. There was a hailstorm that completely destroyed the roof – which has now been replaced. And then there was a windstorm that knocked down huge limbs (I’m talking huge) from our front tree that landed on our roof and all over our front yard. Let’s just say, it was not a fun mess to clean up. After it was all said and done, it could have been a lot worse – and I’m thankful it wasn’t!




6. BIRTHS
            In 2013 we had two nephews and one niece that were born into this world. Alex’s sister Chelci and brother-in-law Bill had their third little boy (Charley) in July. My oldest brother Jason and sister-in-law Stacie had a little boy (Waylon) in October. And my second brother Danny and sister-in-law Whitney had a little girl (Clara) in December. All three of them are so precious and so darn cute! We love being an Aunt and Uncle, and more births means more cousins for Briton! And we love cousins!!!

Charley!
Waylon!
Clara with Uncle Alex
Clara with Aunt Erin























 7. ANNIVERSARY
            We celebrated our 3-year wedding anniversary this summer! Although 3 years is not that long in the grand scheme of things, it has felt so much longer – which in my opinion is a good thing! This year has been a roller coaster of emotions with a new baby, loss of family members and welcoming new family members, but I wouldn’t want to experience any of it without Alex by my side. So here’s to 3+ years of wedded bliss, and God willing many many more!

Celebrated our Anniversary in downtown Denver - look at me,  I could drink for free!
  
8. FALL
            Fall is by far my favorite time of year, and 2013 was no exception! This fall was very busy and fun for our family! Once school started back up we got back into a routine of daycare and work – which was good for all of us. Briton went to his first college football game, and got to see cousin Joel score a touchdown! We also took Briton to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch, he’s still a little too young to enjoy it, but we got some great pictures. Since Briton’s Birthday is two days after Halloween, this passed year was his first Halloween. Unfortunately, he was sick and didn’t get to go trick-or-treating, but he didn’t seem to mind. We did get some pictures of him in his costume though.







9. BRITON TURNS ONE
            Another reason I love fall is because that is when my sweet baby boy was born! Briton turned one year old on November 2, 2013. We had a big party for him and lots of family and friends were able to attend. The theme of his party was paper airplanes – it was a lot of fun, he loved his cake, but was not too interested in opening any presents. My baby is now a little boy, and I’m excited to watch him grow in year two!



10. HOLIDAYS
            We are fortunate enough to get to spend the holidays with both of our families. Although at times I get sad that the holidays will never again be the same as they were when I was growing up, I get excited that Briton is starting to make his own memories with us and both my family and Alex’s family. In 2013 our holidays were spent with lots of food, out of town family members, great conversation, games, friends coming to visit, hot tubing, remembering our Savior, and celebrating both of our birthdays.



 





The year 2013 was an amazing year, and we continually pray that we will be blessed with many more years together. My prayer for myself and for all of us in the year 2014 is that we will seek the Fruits of His Spirit and that those fruits will be a light to all of those around us! Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment