12.27.2011

Merry Christmas & Happy Birthday

Wow - Another great Christmas in the books! It was jam packed with stuff to do, but I guess that is what happens when our families are both so big! On Friday afternoon (Dec. 23), we traveled up to good ol' South Sioux to see my family. It is always so great to get together with the whole family. That night, Alex, my brother Jason, and I went out and met up with some of our cousins and some old friends from high school. It was nice to catch up with all of them and see how things are going in their lives! Then, all day Saturday and Sunday morning were mostly spent eating and opening presents. We also got a kick out of watching our nephew and niece (Bennett & Anne) open their presents, they are both so stinking cute! Christmas with the Pfister's was a great time this year, and I am so thankful that they live so close and we are able to see them so frequently.









On Saturday night we celebrated Jesus, Alex, and my birthday with my family. My sister-in-law made us a cake and the picture below is the piece that Bennett ate. He got his slice, managed to lick every bit of frosting off that he could, and then said, "Ok, I'm done." It was so funny and adorable!








On Sunday afternoon we drove back to Omaha to celebrate Alex's golden birthday with his family. When we got home, Alex and I opened our Christmas presents from each other. Then that night, we had Alex's traditional birthday dinner - Fondue! Alex's brother, Nate, was in town from Chicago so he also helped us celebrate. It is always so good to see him. The dinner was great, and I think that Alex really enjoyed himself! Happy 25th Birthday babycakes!




On Monday night we celebrated the Ehly family Christmas! Unfortunately, Alex woke up that morning with the flu and was in bed all day! So, he obviously did not partake in any of the festivities. It was fun to get together with his family, eat, and open presents, but it just wasn't the same without Alex there!






As you can probably tell, we had a great Christmas weekend! I am so thankful that there wasn't any bad weather and we were able to drive everywhere safely. We are so blessed to have such amazing families that we are able to celebrate the holidays with! Thanks to all of them for the wonderful gifts and memories from Christmas 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment